25 Aug GLUTEN FREE GEELONG – PERKS OF BEING FRIENDS
This week my best friend Harry celebrated his 10th Birthday. I asked him what he would like for his birthday, and he requested customised Gluten Free Donuts using the letters H A R R Y. I was faced with one small challenge though. Those of you that know my friend Harry, will know that he’s not a fan of milk chocolate, but he does like white chocolate. So I decided to customise donuts using the letters of his name and coat them in white chocolate.
What Harry didn’t know was that I also customised some mini Gluten Free Wagon Wheelies just for him as he has never tried them as they are usually coated in a mix of milk and dark chocolate. Boy, was he surprised to receive them on his birthday!! They disappeared in a real hurry and were certainly a HUGE success. Sometimes having a Coeliac friend really does have its benefits!!
What you might not know about Harry is that he really is one of the greatest friends I have and is so caring and considerate (I am rather blessed to have a few that really care about the seriousness of needing safe Gluten Free foods). Here are a few things about him:
- Harry will eat Gluten Free pasta and bread in his own house (even if I’m not there)
- If we need to eat out, Harry will always choose a place that I can safely eat at
- When I am at Harry’s house, his Mum and Dad always make sure there are safe foods I can eat, they have a stock pile in their freezer (so I don’t go without)
- He regularly asks if foods he has are safe for me to eat
- He supports me in my business by encouraging me and sharing information about what I do
- He tells others about Gluten Free foods
- He knows about cross-contamination
Thanks for being my friend – you are one of a kind!! Have a great birthday celebration Harry, and enjoy the donuts and extra, white Wagon Wheelies too!!
Want to know more about Coeliac Disease?? Click HERE to find out the most up to date and accurate information regarding the disease in Australia.